Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Thanks for coming here (and please leave a comment!)

Thanks for coming to my artist's website. I know your time is quite precious, but if you have, say, some 10 or 12 minutes to spare, please take a look at all of my paintings-- both digital and traditional media-- and after you've checked them out, let me know what your thoughts are (i.e., leave a comment!).

As I write this, I have about 60 paintings up on this site; as a rule of thumb, each "post" (and there are of course exceptions to this rule, such as the post you're now looking at) shows one or more of my paintings; to check out all of my paintings, simply scroll down from one post (or painting) to the next, and when you get down to the bottom of the page click "Older Posts" to go on to the next batch of paintings.

"Click" a painting to isolate it or make it a little larger, if you'd like.

After checking them all out, what are your thoughts in respect to my digital medium paintings?

My traditional media paintings?

How would you compare them?

Any favorites? If so, might you explain why you're partial to them?

Anyway, again, thanks for your time, and please come back often. Invite your friends here, too.

Jerry

P.S. Another suggestion:

Find the word "SIDEBARS" near the upper right hand corner of this page and, just beneath, click "links you might want to check out". There, at the "links you might want to check out" sidebar,  you can access (among other sites) the artist's website for my colleague Andy Morgan, as well as the artist's/musician's site for my colleague Tony Burress.  On one of Tony Burress' music videos,  you'll find him improvising on his harmonica while the wonderful Dr. Roland Carter accompanies him on piano.

Or, click "Inspiration for my paintings: photographs of home", where you'll find photographs of what my mother's yard looks like from late Spring through late Summer.

And if you wish, you can check out the sidebar about Cross Plains Community Partner, where you'll find out about the services they provide for the Dalton, Georgia area, and for people with developmental disabilities.

Those are but a few of the interesting-- and relevant-- items you'll find up there in the "SIDEBARS" section.

But most of all, I'd like you to check out all of my artwork here-- both the digital and the traditional media-- and offer your thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I have had the privilege to be Jerry's art teacher (as well as some other awesome Cross Plains artists) for three and a half years now. Jerry has a remarkable gift for creating beautiful images out of watercolor, acrylic paint, colored pencil as well as with the computer. Jerry completes his paintings quickly (usually in one or two sittings) and prefers nature subjects and rural scenes and landscapes. Jerry is especially gifted at rendering beautiful surfaces with watercolor paint, which is known as a very difficult medium.

    I have labeled each of his traditional pieces with the media used to create them. Please take a look at his images and leave a comment. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my 15 year old son was cleaning out his room and came across a piece of your work."Old Crow Warrior' signed and numbered. #205 out of 1000. I was just wondering about it.....

    ReplyDelete